* Always allow your mate a chance to openly, freely, and in a nonjudgmental forum state his/her opinions and feelings.
* Donīt push aside that personīs reactions, belittle them or take them for more than they are.
* Tell how you feel and ask how your partner feels
* Try to calmly listen before responding in any way.
* Be careful not to attack character when you are really upset with a particular action.
* Donīt say what you really donīt mean. This is where taking a few seconds to think and breath before talking comes in. Say to yourself, "Is that really how I feel and is that related to this situation?"
* If one or both feel too angry to constructively come to terms with the situation, agree to take a short period of time to individually calm down, but promise to sit down and talk at a later time.
* Let your partner know you love him/her despite your feelings about the problem, and are there to get beyond your differences. A little compassion can go a long way, and it can benefit both sides.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.