Read these 6 Senior Relationships Tips tips to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Each tip is approved by our Editors and created by expert writers so great we call them Gurus. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Relationship tips and hundreds of other topics.
Dating sites are popular and successful for developing senior relationships. Due to the highly personal nature, Internet dating safety necessitates specific tips. To ensure you have an enjoyable and safe experience:
· Guard your identity. Remain anonymous until you feel safe and ready to explore other options. Don't include your real name or city of residence within your email address or in your username.
· Go slow. Take your time getting comfortable talking online. When you are ready, move to phone conversations providing only your first name and cell phone number. Don't let anyone rush you into meeting or giving out more information than you want to share.
· Don't use a sexy name. It will get attention, but not the type you'd like.
· Trust your instincts. If something doesn't feel right, or you feel threatened, immediately end all contact with the person.
· Block any member who behaves in a harassing or offensive manner and report the behavior to the Dating Site.
· Ask for a photograph.
· Use separate e-mail and IM accounts for online dating.
Online senior dating services provide the opportunity for clients to write and review senior personals. Some use the sites for making friendships and others are looking for romantic love. Senior dating services maintain databases of all their members' information. You can initiate a search and the computer quickly looks to find you the kind of person you are looking for. Dating web sites are generally reasonably priced and are convenient to use. When you chose a site that specializes in matching members who are 50 years of age and older, it becomes even easier to find a likely match.
Using senior personals can be a lot of fun. Clearly state who you are and what you're looking for. This serves to attract the kind of people you want to meet, increasing the chances of a connection and a successful date.
Don't let discomfort of this unknown world intimidate you. There are several sites for senior singles that are simple to use. With a little practice you will be navigating around your chosen site(s) with ease.
If you are looking to meet senior singles, you don't have to go it alone. Online dating tends to be the most economical choice. However, if you are uncomfortable with this idea, you can choose an offline senior dating service to assist you. Matchmaking services have staff people employed to have personal contact with all members. Their objectives are to create matches, introduce members and facilitate dating.
To assist with pairing members, staff collect personal data on each person as they join the matchmaking service. The information members are asked to submit pertains to their own personal characteristics as well as what they are looking for in a partner. The staff are knowledgeable and possess a certain level of expertise in making compatible matches.
Viewing conflict in senior relationships, or any relationships, as an opportunity for growth can go against instinctive responses. When conflict arises, we often feel attacked. Our fight or flight response may be triggered. We think we must choose between passivity or defense. However, if you don't personalize the problem (i.e. make it about you) then this level of reaction becomes unneeded. Instead, you can logically look at the situation, open to the other person's input, and decide together what can be done to help make things better.
The quickest way to deal with conflict is to avoid blame or judgment. Simply explain your experience to your partner. Your goal is to share your emotions and worries, not to decide who is bad. Challenge yourself to not view your partner's behavior as “wrong.” While it may be displeasing to you, this does not make one person right and the other one wrong. Furthermore, he/she is not responsible for your reaction. Your feelings are important and should be communicated in this way so your partner can hear you.
Dating does not need not be overwhelming for senior women. Take things one step at a time. Let's start with the basics. What to wear to look attractive, but not gain too much attention:
1. Wear flattering, shapely clothes. This doesn't mean tight or tent like attire. Fitted items can be pants or jeans.
2. Jewelry is a way to enhance your outfit and focus attention. A nice ring will draw attention to your hands. A beautiful necklace will bring the point of attention to your throat, neck or bust depending on its length. If you have a nice waistline, use an attractive belt to draw your dates attention to that feature.
3. Wear a bra and panties that both provide support and make you feel sexy.
4. Use make-up to accent your face while still looking natural. Although you may feel you need more then you did when you were younger, be careful to not go overboard. Too much make-up can age you and otherwise look unflattering.
Tired of being alone? Are you ready to take control of your love life? If you answered yes to these questions, it is time to take matters into your own hands. Here's how:
1. Be proactive. No more sitting around feeling helpless to do anything about your loneliness. It is time to set goals. For example, set a goal to go on a certain number of dates over the next couple of months.
2. Leave your comfort zone. Most people gravitate toward routine. We do the same things, go to the same places, talk to the same people every week. While this is nice and comfy, it pretty much guarantees you will not meet anyone new. Try shaking up your life a bit and see what falls out.
3. Online dating. Don't let discomfort of this unknown world intimidate you. There are several sites for senior singles that are simple to use. Using senior personals can be a lot of fun. With a little practice you will be navigating around your chosen site(s) with ease.
4. Be open minded. If you have a negative or critical attitude about dating, this is part of the problem - not the solution!