Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Interracial Relationships and other Relationship topics.
Interracial online dating is popular and successful. Due to its highly personal nature, Internet dating (whether an interracial romance or not) necessitates specific online safety tips. To ensure you have an enjoyable and safe experience:
· Guard your identity. Remain anonymous until you feel safe and ready to explore other options. Don't include your real name or city of residence within your email address, username or interracial personals profile.
· Go slow. Take your time getting comfortable talking online. When you are ready, move to phone conversations providing only your first name and cell phone number. Don't let anyone rush you into meeting or giving out more information than you want to share.
· Don't use a sexy name. It will get attention, but not the type you'd like.
· Trust your instincts. If something doesn't feel right, or you feel threatened, immediately end all contact with the person.
· Block any member who behaves in a harassing or offensive manner and report the behavior to the Dating Site.
· Ask for a photograph.
· Use separate e-mail and IM accounts for online dating.