Marriage After Divorce
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Relationships After Divorce and other Relationship topics.
Marriage after divorce can be a testament to peoples' faith in love and commitment. Even though they have gone through an unsuccessful attempt at marriage, they're ready and willing to try again.
Here are some ideals to understand or accomplish before you try again.
- Every relationship builds on what you're still learning about yourself and what you want in a relationship.
- You have left the bulk of your old baggage behind, old disappointments and old expectations. Or at least you hopefully understand your issues and you know how to be wary of falling into old patterns.
- You understand that having a solid friendship is the most important basis for a successful marriage. Attraction, romance, sex, and fun times are great but can rarely sustain a marriage in the absence of a strong underlying friendship.
- You have learned that open communication and respectful conflict resolution are critical, even about such difficult subjects as sex, finances, parenting styles, and in-laws.
- If children are involved, you have learned that they come with a package deal. You're each prepared to deal with the challenges of a blended family.
- Take time to assess and compare your long-term goals. Sorting this out beforehand greatly enhances the marriage's potential for long-term success.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.