Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Online Relationships and other Relationship topics.
Internet dating safety can be maintained with a little planning. Once you've chatted online and spoken for quite some time on the phone, meeting in person is the next step. If you've determined you are ready to meet someone, exercise these simple online safety tips:
· Drive separately to a public meeting place.
· Tell a friend where you are going and when you expect to be home. Follow-up by checking in with your friend at a predetermined time and/or when you return home.
· Never leave the public place, go home with the person or invite your date to your home.
· Immediately end the date if you feel pressured in any way.
· Do not get drunk or tipsy. Drinking impairs judgment leading to choices you may not normally make.