Employers all over the country are looking for ways to increase productivity, reduce stress and create harmony in the workplace. Balance and order in the working environment are critical when it comes to keeping employees. According to Feng Shui, the Chinese art of placement, clutter and disarray in the workplace makes employees less productive, stressed out and even sick. Here are some things you can do in your office to reduce stress and increase profitability.
1. Blend natural essential oils such as lemon, lemongrass, orange, eucalyptus and rosemary in a room spray. Use three to four drops of each in a two oz. spray bottle and add water. When there is tension in the air, spray this citrus blend and the room will feel better. Citrus oils are tolerated well by most people and are refreshing.
2. Burn or smudge a leaf of white sage in the office. Native Americans do this for purification and it will make the room feel better. Let the smoke waft throughout the corners of the rooms.
3. Go through all of the filing cabinets and take out old past files that are no longer necessary – keep only the files you need for present business. Store the old files in a separate room or storage facility. This de-clutters the office and allows new business to come in.
4. Set up each office so the employee does not have their back to the door. Sitting with your back to the door causes a feeling of vulnerability and agitation. Facing the door allows the employee to face every situation head on.
5. During a happy event or party, take a group photo and display it prominently in the front reception area. This is a constant reminder of fun and camaraderie among the workers.
These tips allow balance and harmony to flow in the office. Your employees will feel the difference and your bottom line will reflect it as well.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.