Looking for ways to enjoy some fun, together time on a tight budget? Try one of the following tips for winter fun that is free or cheap. The bonus - your date is sure to be impressed by your thoughtfulness, you'll likely enjoy more quality time and, of course, you'll save some green.
1. Have a game night. Scrabble, Guitar Hero, Twister, Uno, Cards or even Monopoly are great fun by the fire (or in front of the cable yule log if you don't have a fire). Add a little music (soft or not) to set the mood. Snacks and/or libation are optional.
2. Turn your bathroom into a spa. Light the candles and break out the bubble bath. A warm, sudsy soak for two, followed by a massage may be just the ticket for a great date that builds connection without breaking the bank.
3. Take a hike or head to the hardware store for cheap sleds. Getting outdoors isn't just for the summer months. Especially if you live someplace that has snow, going outside to play can help you feel like a kid again. Make a snowman or snow angels, have a snowball fights or collect enough snow to make ice cream or snow cones.
4. Build or repair something. It can be very satisfying when an activity leads to a tangible result.
5. Read a story or poem aloud together. Don't have any around? Try your hand at writing one together.
6. Just be together. With so much hustle and bustle and always something to do, time to be still is important. Slow down and enjoy time for reflection, meditation or yoga together.
Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.